Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I heart history and beads!

What do you get when you take four historically significant women and a truckload of beads and wire?



On top: Pocahontas, Powhatan princess; and Sacagawea, Shoshone guide to Lewis and Clark.
On the bottom: Anastasia Romanova, grand duchess of Russia; and Madeleine Talmage Astor, survivor of the RMS Titanic. (You can click the thumbnails for a closer look!)

Today I got my earring mannequin in the mail. It was a little nerve-wracking trying to figure out how to solve the earring modeling problem. In the end, a lot of great etsy folks helped me figure out some creative solutions and a few of them recommended this model. It looks more like art than a mannequin, so I was ok with it (I'm leery of plastic people, if you know what I mean XD).

In other news, I will be attending a bead festival in Syracuse this weekend. It will be my first ever! As you can imagine, I'm very excited and definitely looking forward to it. :D


----- ----- -----

No comments: