Friday, September 3, 2010

Shop Feature: Graphics Design by Tara

For our second shop feature, I wanted to do something not jewelry-related. What better to feature than a graphics designer who specializes in logos, banners, and avatars?



Tara made our fabulous banner and etsy avatar! She was also gracious enough to let me use some of her wonderful designs here and allowed me to ask several questions about herself and her work.


How did you get started in graphic design?

It was a natural extension of all of my artwork. I had been using graphics in my jewelry for years and knew all of the programs fairly well. In my jewelry shop I had been selling ads and banners. When the recession hit, I began taking it seriously and took some professional classes.

What's your favorite part about being a graphic designer?


I absolutely love the feeling you get when you see your vision come to life on the screen. It's using all of my creativity to make something out of nothing. There's always something new to learn and it never gets boring.


What do you like most about the products and services you offer?

I like how easy (compared to jewelry) delivery and communication is. It's fantastic to be able to work with someone over a course of days and send edits back/forth so easily.

I love playing with graphics and coming up with new ideas.

What do you think makes you a creative shop owner?

Besides the fact that there isn't a craft I haven't tried/loved, I'm actually always learning something new and/or tweaking what I already have. I constantly change it up and keep it fresh.


Have you reached a big dream or goal or are you still working toward one that you'd like to share with us today?

It was a huge goal of mine to work FT, be creative, and stay home for my kids. I feel like I've accomplished a name for myself and I have respect in my profession, while still putting my kids first. Who could ask for more?


Tara offers many great features and freebies at her blog. She also has a wonderful variety of banners and avatars, as well as other graphics design services, available at her etsy shop.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring me, I really appreciate it!

Tara♥

Keri S. said...

Tara did my button for http://marriedtoageek.ning.com too! She is a rock star :)

B.Kelly said...

What a great feature!

jamberry_song said...

Keri, I'll have to check it out! I totally agree, rockstar through and through. :D

Thanks so much, Brenda! It helped that it was an awesome person to feature. ^__^