Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sneak Peek: March is for Creating Worlds! :D

If you are here for the Bead Soup Blog Party, you can find my post here! 

I'm still blog hopping, but I wanted to post an update on something I'm planning for March. In fact, this is partly inspired by the BSBP; as I hop around and look at all the marvelous pieces that participants have created, many of them have made me think of other places, other worlds, and other times.

I like pieces that inspire these kinds of musings. They transport the viewer via imagination. Don't know what I mean? Pick up the newest copy of Belle Armoire Jewelry, or the books Enchanted Adornments by Cynthia Thornton of Green Girl Studios or Amulets and Talismans by Robert Dancik and you'll see!

As a writer, I am often involved with world-building---whether it's in my own work or while helping someone else with their stories. But you know, we're all involved in world-building as consumers. Everything from listening to music to watching a movie, from running a computer program to playing a video game, can transport us in our imaginations to other times and places.
 


"They had great broches of emerald, earings of pearls that were so great and round and plentifull that they were reminisent of small bunches of grapes. Also, they were adorned with gold that was laid in with bits of broken up shell, polished until they shone bright as opalls. These were the prince and princess of Perania, the ailand kingdom whose eye was always fixed upon the sea. As far as a Cormorin could dream, and further than he could see, her ships did sail; though none had ever reached Corminlan continent to the far south. Thus now did the Cormorin sailors gaze upon the fairest city in all of Evalan, faces full all of wunder, and they were quite enamoured of her..."

[sic.; Captain Darrow's ship logs, Chronicles of Evalan]



So this month I am devoting my blog to creating worlds and will be exploring how to capture this quality of imaginative transportation with jewelry. You're welcome to make this voyage with me. :) There will be creative prompts, tutorials, shared resources, inspirations, reviews, interviews and features, and we'll see what else!

----- ----- -----

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I love your header! This is a great idea. I will be watching!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

earthlyjewels said...

This is really nice..I'll be watching out for this!!!