Friday, May 27, 2011

Things!

Because of a silly negligence on my part, the Mid-Monthly Themed Challenge Hop reveal date is postponed until Saturday, June 11th! Sorry about that, folks. This is definitely a learning experience for me! XD I'll post another reminder when there's a week to go. You folks are so nice and understanding!

The other thing I wanted to share with you concerns a cryptic email I received yesterday. It seems that Michaels craft stores have decided to join us in the 21st century and have just launched their own rewards card! ;D While I love to shop online for art beads and at small, ma-and-pa stores, I do also love Michaels. Heck, whoever sells beads has earned my love. Hahaha!.... Wait, does that make me a bead whore? D:

At any rate, looks like very exciting things---discounts, coupons, and special offers. I'm a dork and went right out yesterday to get my card. No purchase necessary, or you can apply online at the Michaels's Web site and have the card sent to you.*

 *This blogger was not compensated for this blurb, although she kind of wishes she was... in beads, of course.


I've been experimenting with electro-chemical etching and plating, and will have some stuff to show for it early next week. I don't know how much I like the process; it's messy and somewhat unpredictable (out of about thirty test pieces, only nine of them turned out), so I don't think I'll be sharing a how-to. At least, not until/unless I discover a better process. The pieces that turned out, though, are rather nice; they'll be posted sometime this week, along with some pirate-y things already promised.

AGAIN, don't forget! Memorial Day in the States means 21-gun salutes; be on the look-out for empty brass bullet casings---they can be used to make unique jewelry pieces! I've already promised my little brother a dollar for each one he brings me. ;) Ahhh, it's great when you can put the little ones to work for you, eh? Hahaha!

Have a GREAT weekend, everyone!!! <3 <3 <3

----- ----- -----

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Wow! Michael's is getting with the times! It is such a fun store to shop at!!! Good luck collecting the bullet casing this weekend! ~Val

Anonymous said...

What are you using Jacinta I have pcb etchant from radio shack - nothing fancy but I get pretty regular results. It does have a learning curve!

Patty from www.mylifeunderthebu.typepad.com