Tuesday, June 7, 2011

ViaU! Tips for Photographing Silver Jewelry

Jewelry can be so difficult to photograph well, something Etsy and jewelry blogs everywhere can attest to. I know I still have LOTS of room for improvement. So I wanted to share this fantastic article with all of you. While the article focuses on silver, really, the technique can be used to better photograph any kind of jewelry. All you really need is pieces of cardboard and some tin foil. I'm going to try it the next chance I get!


(And, if you haven't seen it yet, I've been compiling a list of helpful articles and tutorials here. Feel free to check it out for more tips and tricks!)


And, just so this is not a text-only post, here's a necklace I don't think I've shared with you yet:


Ah! I almost forgot---this Saturday is also the new reveal date for the mid-monthly challenge hop!

So exciting!!!


----- ----- -----

5 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Jacinta, the necklace is beautiful. I really like the colors and the design. I need alot of help when it comes to taking good pictures. My Brother is a photographer and he has given me a few points on taking photos, but I always like to read and learn more about subjects I'm interested in.

Crystal said...

You have shown a very beautiful necklace. i am a terrible photographer when it comes to jewelry... Maybe this article will help... Thanks for sharing! :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I would love to get a light for all those long winter months ... le sigh...must go read - I have sheets of white foam core everywhere. The necklace is LOVELY Jacinta!!! XOXO

BTW one of my favorite tute's from you is that paper jewelry display that looks like a mannequinn bust. awesome!

patty from www.mylifeunderthebus.typepad.com

karen - bead delirium said...

I love your necklace... the lampwork beads go so well with the focal!

karen said...

Good thing you posted the reminder about the challenge. I had it in the back of my head.. but besides listening to the song over a week ago, that was about as far as I got.
So I listened again.. sang along... read the lyrics, listend with my eyes closed.. and each time thru, I tried to combine the music, the lyrics and beads in my mind... and eventually they meshed into something I am excited to get started on!! Hope it turns out as good as I imagined. :)