Monday, August 16, 2010

This week's affirmation

"There is no room for laziness."

Someone said this to me recently, and somehow it set a light off in my mind. Life is just too short.


Lately I've been realizing how lazy I can be, and it doesn't make me feel very good. So whenever I think to myself, "I can do that later," "I don't feel like doing that right now," "I want to do this time-wasting and unfulfilling thing" (well, you know), I just stop and say to myself, "NO. There is no room for laziness." Since I've implemented this affirmation and Alexander Technique practice, I've gotten the apartment cleaned from an impossible mess, got a lot of jewelry made, editing done, and even some writing in. All while also being on vacation and running around and hanging out with parents. :D I feel so good about myself and so productive! It's amazing what a little change of thought process can do. I've also been making myself take breaks and do little things that I like to do. This has prevented me from getting the burn out that I usually get when I am fired up for an extended period of time. Wonderful! Hopefully this will also make my patience improve. :D



----- ----- -----

2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I agree with you to a point. But sometimes there is good reason to be lazy. Especially as an artist or creative person. I find these "lazy" times to be a time to reflect and think about my next project or projects. So don't be too hard on yourself when you are being "lazy".
Roberta
http://robertawarshaw.blogspot.com/

jamberry_song said...

Even then, I don't think it's so much laziness, more as a need to rest oneself. So it, too, serves a purpose. You know?

Thanks for the thoughtful comment. :)