Thursday, September 30, 2010

Six weeks to the craft show... Post I

So I've been working like a busy little bee to get ready for this craft show coming up in November. I wanted to share a little of what I've been doing, offer some ideas and tips.

Mailing List Sign-up Book

I am on a pretty tight budget, so when I was in the dollar store a week or so ago, I saw these pretty little books. You know how much of a sap I am when it comes to flowers, right? So I bought one thinking I would somehow like to incorporate it into my table decoration. A mailing list is something I've been meaning to do anyway, so this seemed like a perfect way. But I also wanted to be crafty and personalize everything. I have these little tags for scrapbooking and some pretty ribbons from my jewelry making supplies, so those seemed like perfect elements to work into the design. I used an awl to punch through the book cover and then strung my ribbons through to the front where I tied bows to hold the tag to the front. Then I scrawled in some (bad XD) calligraphy. I think it looks pretty despite all! And it has enough of that crafty quality that I'm going for.




Before I go to the craft show, I'll put some backing on the inside cover to hide the awl holes.

I know how to make books, and someday when I have more time to devote to it, I will make my own mailing list book. For now, this is pretty and it will do.

No comments: