Sunday, December 19, 2010

The road goes ever on and on...

We started off on our journey to Connecticut yesterday, for Christmas with our family. Our road took us through the back country of New England, between mountains, along stony rivers, in the shadows of rock-faced cliffs. It was so beautiful. I was sad because I'd packed my camera and there was no getting to it in the car, so I drew this picture (omitting the road, of course; a line of asphalt has a way of ruining a scene).


This is one of my favorite trips to make. We saw dozens of hawks perched in trees, on signs and fenceposts, all along the way. Their regal stature is inspiring. There were also many deer and turkeys. Sunshine lit the snowy valleys to a bright white and danced on the bit of water running underneath ice as it formed over the river. Glorious day for traveling. We count ourselves lucky, since this is the season of bad weather.

I will be on the lookout for bead stores here in Connecticut. I'll also be looking at antique stores. There's no place like New England for antiques! Hopefully there will be some lovely pictures for you, too.


----- ----- -----

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I did change it up a bit when I made my new one.

http://www.giveittometara.blogspot.com

Happy Holidays!
T♥

Anonymous said...

What a lovely trip you drew with words and pens upon our eyes, thank you! Sounds really lovely. I wish you the best holidays!

My Life Under the Bus said...

OMG!!! I am in Ct - there is a cute little bead store in Southington if you are around New Britian ( from your previous post) Have fun!!!