Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Family Farm

All month long, I've posted about creating one's own worlds through art, jewelry, and writing. It has been a wonderful experience, and I hope you all have felt that, too.

Today I am posting about people who create new worlds of their own lives. People like Jenna Jackson of Cold Antler Farm and my own mother, both ladies who decided they were not fulfilled with the lifestyle they'd been given by time and circumstance, and decided to recreate themselves and their world on farms in this high-speed technological world.

We've just launched our own family farm blog.


I've been designing graphics and taking tons of pictures, along with helping out with farm work when I have the energy to (I was sick earlier this week, if you haven't been following my blog posts). Our hens have started laying more eggs again, we've finished our first batch of homemade maple syrup. It's been a fantastic way to spend our vacation. So wholesome and good. In a few months, we'll be moving here and I can't wait to get away from the dark dank of the city to this place nestled in the North Country where we can hike and immerse ourselves in our past and our heritage, and where I will finally have a place of my own for working on my art and jewelry.

There are still things to come for the "Creating Worlds" theme. One more giveaway, hopefully an interview with a bead artist, and several beautiful pieces of literature to share.

So stay inspired, keep creating. <3


----- ----- -----

1 comment:

Marian Hertzog said...

I am jealous! I grew up on a farm and miss it so much! I live in a small town and we are comfortable in our little house but I long to sit out on the porch and enjoy the peace and quiet of the country! I am excited for you!